Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Epic Birthday At Disney!

Piper came with me for an epic day at Walt Disney World to celebrate my birthday on May 16th! We hit both Epcot and Magic Kingdom.

Most of my Epcot shots are on a different memory card (I took them with my point-and-shoot) so I still have to download and edit them. This entry will only have a few Epcot shots. I'll post the rest later. But all the Magic Kingdom shots were on my DSLR so I have a TON to share!

We were there until the park closed at midnight so we got to see a ton.

Spaceship Earth is in the background across the lagoon between the Japanese arch.

Flower and Garden Festival was going on so lots of topiaries! This was Lady and the Tramp in Italy.

Foo Dog (Chinese guardian lions) in China

Hanging out with the Viking in Norway.

We got to Magic Kingdom about 5pm and stayed until midnight.

View down Main Street towards Cinderella Castle from the Train Station.

Cinderella Castle! (With the "Partners" statue of Walt and Mickey as well)

In line for the Haunted Mansion.

Another look at the Haunted Mansion.

Watching a log fall down the drop hill of Splash Mountain.

Piper wanted to try on this fun pineapple shirt.

Aloha Isle. Home of Dole Whips in Magic Kingdom!

Hanging out in a cart of blinkie toys in front of Cinderella Castle at Dusk.

Took some time to stop and smell the roses in the Rose Garden near Cinderella Castle.

Riding the WEDWay PeopleMover which circles above Tomorrowland.

I took this without even looking while RIDING Big Thunder Mountain. I'm amazed it came out at all!
(This is my favorite ride! We rode it twice!)

Some of the neon of Tomorrowland at night.

Watching "Wishes" fireworks from New Fantasyland. (Handheld shot so I'm again amazed it came out at all!)

Back side of Cinderella Castle and the Carousel lit up at night.

Minnie was waving to us during the Main Street Electrical Parade!

Midnight. One farewell look back down Main Street to say goodnight.

Such a great day! Piper loved touring around with us and had so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment